In 3 days I’ll be on my way to South Africa, where I’ll spend the next 5 months soaking up the sun, hiking mountains around the Cape Town area, tasting all of the wines that Stellenbosch has to offer and so so much more!
Of course, I’m always thinking about what to wear…
(view set w/links here)
Also, here’s my South Africa “bucket list”/what I’m most excited for:
1. Playing with elephants @ the Addo elephant reservation & during spring break!
2. Take surfing lessons in Jeffrey’s Bay in the Eastern Cape province of South Africa – one of the top surfing destinations in the world
3. Bungee jump off the “the highest commercial natural bungee jump in the world” – the Bloukrans Bridge
4. Shark dive
5. Hiking – SO much hiking
6. River rafting
7. Try as many different wines as possible
8. End of semester trip to any of the surrounding countries – Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Zambia – who knows!
8. Hitting up the beach
9. Volunteering in the Kayamandi township @ the Ikaya primary school
10. Touring Robben Island
11. Attend at least one rugby game (probably more!)
12. Learn to live without wifi for considerable amounts of time – I rely on it way too much.
13. Embrace adventure – it’s going to be an amazing 5 months!