I was shopping downtown with Lauren this weekend and stumbled across a super cute pair of sunnies, vaguely reminding me of a pair I’d seen before. Later, after regretting not buying them, it dawned on me that they were the perfect pair of look-alikes for the highly coveted Karen Walker “super duper strength” pair that I’ve seen on quite a few bloggers that I follow (see: here, here + here). For only $16, it’s a fantastic affordable find (one day, Karen Walker, one day soon…)
I’ve tended towards a couple pieces more often than others here in South Africa..whether because of ease or the unreal spikes in temperature, which requires light & flowy fabrics (& are somewhat limited since I have a wardrobe built mainly for Vermont).
1. black maxi (meant to be a beach cover-up but works perfectly as a dress) –
2. Basic tanks – for everything! My look has been mostly casual here, so I’ll pair a flowy tank with athletic shorts or jeans, depending on the day. All are super simple, but easy to layer with when I’m back in the states for fall!
grey tank – Cotton On (similar here) | white tank – Cotton On | floral tank – Factorie (sold out)
1. My crossbody BDG bag has gone with me nearly everywhere. When walking around town or on weekend trips, not carrying an oversized purse has been ideal. This brown leather crossbody from Urban Outfitters is now sold out, but see other cute styles here and here.
2. Obviously sunglasses have been essential under this beautiful African sun (you can see I’m wearing them in nearly every photo). I chose these Ray-Bans before departing because of their tortoise print – a little twist on the classic aviators…
3. My Rebecca Minkoff crossbody is perfect for nights out or dressing up a weekday look – and anyways, black goes with everything.